Monday, January 18, 2010

Clock Ticking

Seriously, who would pay thirty dollars for these?

I am really surprised that the ticking of my new clock hasn't driven me insane. I only noticed it last night because someone called me at three in the morning, and I wasn't really aware.. then I heard it and it kinda woke me up the rest of the way...

But anyway. I am really sad, sort of, because tomorrow is my last day of freedom. And you could barely call it that. I'm going to church to help Mommo, so I have to get up early. Don't get me wrong, I love going, so I guess it's the school worry that's taken hold of me.

Okay, some really quick movie reviews:
I went to go see The Book of Eli today. I pretty much had no idea what it was about, but I thought it was really good. I thought I was going to cry at the end. One part of it was really surprising, which was awesome. I love those post-apocalyptic movies, dunno why. I always wonder what I would do if stuff like that ever happened.

Denzel Washington was great as usual. I didn't know that Gary (my)Oldman was in it, so that was a pleasant surprise. =)

Red Mist/Freakdog was pretty much a bust. Andrew-Lee was conscious for about ten minutes, and he was kind of a creep. Arielle Kebbel was retarded, and the movie had the typical mental institution ending. Why is that used so much?


I did like Dead Fish, though. It was really weird, and weird is kinda my thing. Andrew-Lee had a big part in it, and it was odd to see him star opposite Gary (my)Oldman. Billy Zane was really funny. Dunno, the whole film was wacky. I'm really glad I watched it today; I almost passed it over for Caffeine.

Woot woot. A partial solution to my messy closet.


I'm not really sure I like the whole "pointy toe" thing. These shoes remind me of Emma Watson whenever I look at them. I hate feet.
They made their debut at my cousin's bowling birthday party, which was good, because they came off right away. I wanted to take my bowling shoes home.

Bowling was really fun. I'm not sure what would be considered a good score, but I am certain that it's not what any of us received.

You know what I am mad about? The remake of Death at a Funeral. It'd be a different story if that movie wasn't available here or something like that. But no, it's on Showtime all the time and so easily accessible... a remake makes no sense. I also think that it's weird that Peter Dinklage is playing the same character. I love him, but wouldn't that be sort of monotonous?

I started reading a book yesterday called "When You Are Engulfed in Flames". It's by David Sedaris. Recently, I've really enjoyed reading essays and memoirs, which is new for me. I usually just read fiction. A change is nice, though. I also got a book that is a collection of stories about war. I haven't started reading it yet, but for some reason it's in the bag that I carry around with me everywhere. My dad was shocked when he saw it, but then he had to be insulting/ his idea of funny, by saying that I was finally going to read something good. Oh well.

I really want a pop tarts shirt. It'd be cool, even though I don't eat pop tarts anymore. It'd be like reminiscing, shirty style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa