Thursday, January 28, 2010

You Know It's Going To Be A Good Day When You Wake Up Bawling


My mom hates this. The wall by my bed is all scratched up (did I do it in my sleep??) so I sketched on a little crappy owl to detract a little from all the white marks in the magenta paint.

It's really nice not having to hunt for my phone when I want the time.

I still have a pile of movies on the T.V. stand. I dunno why, but I request things, can't wait for them, and then I don't want to watch them after I finally get them. I've only watched a handful. I still have Season 1 of Lost, James and the Giant Peach, Jekyll + Hyde, Rachel Getting Married, 24 Hour Party People, Shrooms.. and I can't think of what else.
I don't really like watching "scary" movies by myself... not because I get scared, but because they aren't as fun. That is inconvenient, because my mother won't ever watch anything unless she decides to. I mean, she'll be sitting in her chair in front of the T.V., I'll ask her, and she'll say something like, "Oh, I'm falling asleep,", "Maybe later", or something of the sort. Then she'll sit there watching America's Funniest Videos for several hours.
--------------------------------------

Tuesday was really nice. I went to work with my mom again, but this time I wasn't just observing a kindergarten class. I got to help them each individually with their counting and the alphabet.
It was really interesting to see the differences in the teachers and in the students themselves. They were all over the board in terms of what they knew. For example, I had to show them a letter and they had to tell me what the letter was, the sound it made, and a word that started with that letter.
One kid was excellent. I was really surprised at his vocabulary. He had a word for every single letter, and they were words like dinosaur, quilt, etc.
On the other hand, one of the girls couldn't tell me anything, and she volunteered "peanut" for about ten different letters. I helped her as much as I could, having her repeat words I chose for each one. She asked me what "umbrella" meant.
Anyway, I really loved it. This second teacher, too, thought that after a day with her I wouldn't want to teach anymore. I don't understand why everyone thinks I'm going to back out on this.
-----------------------------------

We went to Goodwill on Monday, and my mom bought toys as usual. I was excited to see that E.T. was in a plastic bag with a bunch of little plastic McDonald's toys. It wasn't until we got home that I discovered he was missing a hand.

Ouchh.

I'm losing it, I think. I am never tired when I go to bed (I have been trying to force myself at midnight), but then when I wake up to get ready for school I feel exhausted. I usually sleep for a few minutes on the bus ride, but then the really cold walk into school usually serves to wake me the rest of the way.

But then... my classes are blahh. I managed to stay awake for awhile during my first class, Psychology, but my professor is just awful. Both of my new ones are boring boring boring. My Mythology class would be interesting, but the guy's voice is just really monotonous even though it is English.

---------------------------------

My moods have been really crazy lately. I'm stressed out about school in the worst way, the kind where you just block out the crap and hope it goes away. I don't need to say that it doesn't. Deadlines keep getting closer and closer, and every time I get a burst of inspiration I'm discouraged. I feel like no one knows me, and then I think about my life compared to everyone else's... I dunno. I feel terribly inadequate all the time. I dunno. I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa