Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snowy

It's been so snowy and cold, and I've been holed up here for the past few days watching Friends reruns and Primeval (which is okay, by the way).

Okay, here we go... the craft sale:
I had prepared and prepared for this thing. I've always wanted to have a table at one since I was little, and when school started I decided I was actually going to do one. My church usually holds one in the spring and one in December for Christmas. It was December 5th, and I had a ton of stuff. I don't even know how much money I spent on the materials, but holding table itself cost twenty dollars, and Harley paid for half.

My mom had had surgery the day before, which pretty much made me sick with worry even though this type of surgery is pretty common. She did great, though, thank goodness. I set the table up the night before, and we were at the church by eight the next morning. Harley came soon after with her collection of baked goods- she had about five types of cookies.

It was pretty much awful. It was like there was a forcefield around the entire table. Once people got to us they would make a beeline for the other side of the aisle. Every. Single. Time. I think Harley made a total of three or four dollars. I just couldn't believe it; it was terrible sitting there until four o'clock watching people ignore us.

After the sale, though, Harley and I went to the Goodwill and sat outside with a couple small tables. She sold a ton of cookies, and quite a few people bought some of my crafts. However, I had to slash the prices pretty drastically.

Overall, I dunno how I feel about it. I made about seventy five dollars the entire day including the ten bucks from the table. However, I think that's nowhere near worth it considering the money and time spent.

The next day, I decided that I would open an Etsy shoppe to sell what is left (a LOT is left). I have about two boxes of stuff in my attic. I would post pictures, but I don't want to be disappointed if I don't end up making a store.

Here is a list of some of the things I had:
-Rag Wreaths
-Snowman Ornaments
-Exploding Photo Albums
-Maze Books
-Snowman Paperweights
-Rag Bracelets
-Magnets


I dunno, I can't think of anything else, sorry.
Well, I'm off to play Farmville, haha. That game is awful and fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa