Friday, January 1, 2010

Enough, enough already


Alright, Christmas is over. I did end up getting a new camera, which is excellent. Mostly I've just taken a few pictures of my room and other things like that. It's been too hectic around here to do much else. I will start soon, though, right after I get my room up to date for the new year. The Christmas/Birthday clutter is starting to get to me, and my closet is just jam packed with crap.
Hmm, maybe I should post a few before and after pictures.
===============================================
Okay, here's what I did since my last post:

Christmas Eve-
I got up really early, and made some peanut butter kiss cookies from scratch. My aunt usually makes them, but I was actually glad she didn't so that I could have a turn. The recipe I was using called for the peanut butter balls to be rolled in sugar before baking, but I decided to skip that step just to see what it would taste like. They weren't bad, if you ask me. I ended up making my usual brownies as well.

After I finished up, we all went to my grandma's house as usual. Except, this year everything was so out of wack because we changed the times. I remember being really little and having to wait all day to open presents, and how agonizing that was. This year, my cousins pretty much lucked out. We went for dinner (which was pretty crappy, if you ask me) at noon. What kind of holiday is that?

Presents were opened and games were finished by about three, and everyone was burned out by then.

Christmas-
I set up the dining room this year, and I really liked it better. My mom usually just slaps the food on the table, no decorations or anything. I wanted it to be festive. Plus, this year I gave her some pretty placemats.



I took some pictures and just messed around with other stuff.


Except for one incident, my grandparents were alright, I guess, and the day was kind of boring. I wasn't really sad or anything that this is my last one where I will be home full time.

The Incident: my cousin Carly came home for a few days to spend Christmas with her family. We ate and everything, and then she called about an hour after and said that she was sorry for being late. No one had any idea that she was coming over, but she said my grandma invited her. Without telling us, apparently. When "confronted" she acted like she had no idea what we were talking about. However, my cousin knew what time dinner was, so she had to have invited her.

My Birthday-
I was not looking forward to my birthday at all. I was sad all day. Well, technically, the sadness started the day before since I don't go to bed until really late, till like 5 o'clock in the morning some days. I moped and moped, just laying in my bed like ten minutes after I woke up.
My mom was sure I was cranky from lack of sleep, but no. Just melancholy.

My family and Harley and Rachel came over. The three of us did our Christmas exchange, and that made things a little better. I decided I was going to put all the money I recieved in the bank, because it's ridiculous how unprepared I am for. next. year.

I filled out a insurance policy, which was also depressing. How am I old enough for this??

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to keep up this blog for myself, so I will be updating with pictures and hopefully the rest of the things I said in my previous post.

Well, for now, I am off to watch Primeval. Yayy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Ammupappa